Update: school visits are now resuming for the new academic calendar.
Wimbledon Mosque is the first mainstream purpose built Mosque in South London and one of the first in London and regularly host visits from schools in London and Surrey. To arrange a visit for your school please read the following frequently asked questions and then complete the online form. We aim to respond to your request within 48 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What days can schools visit Wimbledon Mosque?
Monday to Thursdays
2) What times can schools visit in the morning?
3) What times can schools visit in the afternoon?
No afternoon visits.
4) How many children can visit at any given time?
60-70 children but flexible. Please contact us in advance if more children are expected.
5) How long is the school visit expected to last?
Approximately 60-90 minutes.
6) Who is the main point of contact at Wimbledon Mosque for school visits?
Imam Shoaib Vawda
7) How can a school visit be arranged?
Please visit our Contact Us page to get in touch with us. We aim to respond within 48 hours. Please aim to contact us at least 4 weeks prior to any planned dates to visit.
8) What is the format of the school visit on the day?
Imam gives a brief talk on Islam. Open Q&A session about Islam. Group tour of the Mosque including the ablution area. The visitor’s book signed.
9) Is there a cost for school visits?
The visit is free.
Request a school visit
To request a school visit, please contact us via our Contact Us page and mention the following information below:
• School Name
• School Address
• Teacher Name
• Teacher Contact Email
• Teacher Contact Number
• Class Name
• Current Curriculum
• Number of Children
• Number of Adults
• Mode of transport
• Preferred Visit Date(s)